Who are we?
North Parish Church was gathered in 1786 in South Sanford. A meeting house was built in 1831 at Sanford Corner, site of the present church. The meeting house was destroyed by a fire that consumed much of downtown Sanford in 1878. The present church was dedicated a year later.
North Parish is a member of the United Church of Christ - a group of independent churches where the local church is the basic unit. Each member church practices its own forms of organization, worship, education and mission.
We are a family oriented church with historic roots in the Congregational tradition - an inclusive church accepting of all people. Our focus is on nurturing people on their faith journeys, while looking to the future for ways to serve Jesus Christ in the world.
North Parish Church invites those who are seeking a church home to come for worship and fellowship.