NORTH PARISH CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COMMITTEE
The Christian Education Board guides the total educational ministry of the church.
Members of the board share responsibility in the following areas:
1. Working with the Church School Director to administer the church’s educational programs, which include the selection of teachers and leaders.
2. Insuring that what is taught in the educational programs is consistent with the beliefs valued by the church.
3. Surveying the educational needs of all age groups in the church.
4. Developing goals and objectives for the Christian Education program.
5. Coordinating the work of various educational groups within the church.
6. Providing opportunities for training and support for teachers and leaders in the educational program.
7. Encouraging other groups to participate in the education programs, especially for youth.
8. Providing curriculum and supplementary materials and equipment for the educational program.
9. Cooperating with the other committees to maintain adequate, clean and safe space for the educational program.
10. Providing information about the educational program for the church newsletter and calendar.
11. Interpreting the wider church’s educational ministry; i.e. Heifer International, Neighbors in Need, One Great Hour of Sharing.
12. Determining the financial needs and recommending budget items related to the educational programs.
1. Shall consist of at least (5) five persons, the majority being voting members of the church.
2. A Church School Director position shall be filled in a manner decided by the Committee.
3. Church School Director shall be an ex-officio member of the Christian Education Committee.
4. The Church Pastor shall be an ex-officio member of the Christian Education Committee